21 March 2014

Everything I Need To Know (Part 2 - Starting out...)

I've had this concept floating around in my head for a few years now, and I'm finally acting on it (aside from some notes jotted down on scraps of paper randomly). Everything I need to know about life from movies. It's an ambitious undertaking, and it'll be an ongoing series for me, I think. Without further ado, here we go...the first step:

"How can a man take a bowel movement with a hundred buffalo rifles a-pointin' at him?"
- Hollis P. Wood, 1941
Truer words were never spoken. Some things are just meant to be done alone. Door closed, too. If your loved one insists that the door can be open, run. Run fast, run far. I feel for clients in my care that have to do this with staff members present, and I try to give them their privacy and a call light.
 
"Sometimes fear has the appropriate response."
- 1, 9
Fear is a natural thing. As soon as you learn to accept it, and interpret it correctly, it no longer cripples but rather allows you to move forward. I've come to embrace my moments of fear; they allow me to recognize when I'm facing something new. My fear also tells me when I'm facing something that challenges my comfort zone. Fear allows us to feel alive.
 
"Classes will dull your mind, destroy the potential for authentic creativity."
John Nash, A Beautiful Mind
If I have to provide a rationale as to why conformity destroys creativity, do us both a favor and stop reading.
 
"And somebody get me some coffee!"
Lois Einhorn, Ace Ventura: Pet Detective
And after that coffee is gone, more coffee. Coffee is the life, the life is forever.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment