16 June 2019

Mentors vs Homebrew chapter

So, real life had caught up in a major way (as it tends to do): working 2 jobs, raising a kid, another kid due any day now, home improvement stuff … gaming had taken a back seat. Even when I had the time and energy for it, I would stare at my workbench and sigh and find something else to do. 

Last week I made it a point to get out to my FLGS for a demo of SW: Legion, just to get out of the house and do something gaming related. Since then, I've started assembling and even tried to get some painting done. That's when it hit me. I hate painting white. 



Like, literally hate it. It's time consuming and tedious. I tried doing it different ways: 
  • prime white, add washes to the recesses, touch up, highlight 
  • Prime, light grey, wash, build up 
  • GW's new contrast white 
I got frustrated, put the paints away, went back to building. Started surfing the internet, played around with the space marine painter tool on TB&C and decided that it's not the painting I hate, it's literally trying to quickly get through the white. Whipped out some Zandri Dust and replaced the white with it. I think I'm inspired again.

Question is, do they still count as Mentors? Or do I have to work out the details on a homebrew chapter?

No comments:

Post a Comment