21 November 2013

Painting background noise...

When I was painting my Sisters of Battle years ago, background noise was easy. Insert Aliens DVD, hit play, repeat, and think about killing tyranid while I happily paint away. Since then, I've found it harder to have my "background" inspiration while painting.
I won't even talk about the Black Templars. Gregorian Chorale works well. So does Stabbing Westward. Not that I've gotten many of them painted.
I started painting my elves with LotR on in the background. That didn't work so well, as I kept getting distracted and found myself watching the movie more than painting. Music seems to work better for me.

Music I like to have on while painting (albums, unless otherwise specified):

Orff - Carmina Burana
Basil Poledouris - Conan the Barbarian soundtrack (original)
Depeche Mode - Playing the Angel
She Wants Revenge - This is Forever/Valleyheart
Clan of Xymox - Creatures/Medusa
Erasure - Pop!
Frou Frou - Details
Garbage - Garbage
Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin III
Leonard Cohen - (all of it)
Oingo Boingo - (all of it)
Pink Floyd - (all of it)
Primus - (all of it)

I'm sure there's more... I have over a week's worth of music on my computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment