04 December 2013

More progress

As I close in on completing the paint job on this figure, I have to say I will never buy another finecast model ever again. EVER.

Well, maybe.

I think I just hate the sculpt on this one particular one. 3 times (or more) I have had to repaint a section because a tiny little bit of flash evaded me on the 7 passes I made during the initial cleanup, that start to become glaringly obvious once some paint is applied.

The more I stare at this model, the more I dislike it. It might be my color scheme...but I doubt that's the problem (at least, I hope that's not the problem). I hate the headdress. It looks more Egyptian than elvish. That aside, the claim that finecast allows for more details? Moot point if the details are so fine that they get lost in a layer of paint (not even a thick layer)!

Well, the only stuff left is the flesh tones, touching up spots that my shaking hands farked up, a wash, and the base. Then it's on to the terrain/diorama bit to spruce it up a bit (which should be far less headache).

Also, using the camera on my phone zoomed in seems to bug me, too.



No comments:

Post a Comment